...this past weekend was amazing. Loved being home, loved seeing family and long-missed cousins, loved going to the BYU-USU Football game with my papa, and loved watching Conference. Oh, General Conference. I love it so much. Every time the last session comes to a close I just get this sad feeling in my heart because I have to wait six more months for it to come again.
Highlights of Conference for me:
(these will not be exact quotes -- just what I wrote in my notes -- so I won't use quotation marks)
- Man may seem like nothing compared to God, but we are everything to him. The Lord does not forget us. He knows where we are no matter how humble our circumstances. He listens, remembers, and cares. -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- What time we have, we must use wisely. We should prioritize our choices to match our goals. Heavenly Father will help us give emphasis to things that deserve our time. Don't become "compulsive fingertip communicators". Don't allow technology to push aside things of greatest importance, like real friends and human contact. Take things that rob us of precious time and let us be their master rather than letting them master us. -Elder Ian S. Ardern
|haha, I love this picture!|
- It's better to look up. We can do what we have been called to do/need to do if we look up and turn to the Lord and to Christ. -Elder Carl B. Cook
- Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our lives. Memorizing scriptures brings great power. -Elder Richard G. Scott
|Thought this was sweet, and funny. Love seeing candid moments from them like this.|
- The Book of Mormon helps us upward on the path of eternal life. Its effect on you is certain. It will bless and embolden you to stand as a witness of God. -President Henry B. Eyring
- God is our anchor. Have the gospel at our core and the love of God in our hearts. God answers our prayers. Learn to recognize, trust, and follow inspiration. Stand strong and firm in righteousness. Seek the Lord diligently. -President Thomas S. Monson
- Success is the result of real diligence. -Matthew O. Richardson
|I love his smile!|
- God loves us so much that the things that are important to us become important to him. Prayer is one of the most precious gifts from God to man. -Elder J. Devn Cornish
Aren't all of those words so incredibly inspiring? I always come away from Conference so uplifted and ready to change and improve my life. I'm so grateful for modern revelation and the wonderful leaders of our church!