- It finally snowed in Logan. I was kind of angry about it at first (like everybody else) but I have decided to embrace it this year, since it's sure to be around for a while. I will probably get sick of it by March or so, but for now I'm choosing to love it! It's so pretty, right?
- I went shopping with my piano major friend Bradley on Saturday. He asked for my help because he "needed new clothes and likes my style". I was quite flattered, since I don't really consider myself a fashionista by any means. When it got closer to going though, I got really nervous! I had no idea how to shop for a guy. But it turned out I had nothing to worry about. We had a great time, picked out some really great stuff, and he's been getting compliments all week. Makes me feel good! Anyone out there need help shopping? I can't guarantee perfectly fashionable things, but I can guarantee that it would be fun!
- Sunday was my first time ever being at a party with alcohol. Call me sheltered or what you will (cause I am quite sheltered, let's be honest), but it was a very interesting experience. It was a work party, so nobody was all out drunk, but they definitely had flushed faces and were acting a little sillier than normal. It wasn't a situation where I felt pressured or tempted to drink though, so it was mostly just entertaining watching the normally quiet people do some silly things.
- I'm really loving teaching my YC class this semester. It's going really well for the most part! Of course I'm not a perfect teacher and there's times when the kids get a little out of control, but I still love it so much. Yesterday, one of my students ran behind the whiteboard (one like this that you can just flip to use either side), wrote something, and then flipped it over. He then got all frustrated and said "Dang it! It was supposed to say 'Ashley Rocks' and I tried to write it upside down but it didn't work!" It definitely didn't look like "Ashley Rocks" at all, but it was probably the cutest thing ever that he tried to do it. I just love kids and their sweet adoration for people.
- The time in this semester is winding down, which means all the stress is picking up for that big push to the end. I kind of had a freakout last week because I felt like I was failing all of my classes. Well, turns out I was overreacting (shocker!) and I'm not actually failing. I may not get a 4.0, but who gets 4.0's in college? (If you do, don't tell me, I don't wanna know.) But the important thing is that I'm learning. I'm learning so much and working as hard as I can and that in and of itself is really fulfilling to me.
- One last thing: I have the greatest friends and family in the world. Yeah yeah, I talk about it a lot, but especially this past week I have been really grateful for all the amazing people in my life. My parents just know what's best for me and what I need to hear and when. My roommates (especially Cami Jo and old roommate Kim) are incredible people and I have been very lucky to spend quality time with them recently. I also have some great friends from high school that have stuck by me for so long, and my cousins and siblings that always make me laugh and smile. The other day I called my mom in a rather bad mood and my brother Jared answered. We ended up talking for a bit and it was quite possibly the most hilarious conversation we've ever had. I so needed that right then. Love him.
My Life in Bullet Points
I think it's about time for me to do another one of these posts, don'tcha think? It's good for me anyway, since this is my journal and everything. Ready? Okay.