I said at the end of 2011 that I thought this year was going to be a great one for me, and boy was I right! I think this year will go down in the history books as one of my all-time favorites. Here's a little recap.
This year, I.....
1. Tried out for LDV and made it! I've said it before, but it's changed my life.
2. Because of LDV, I got to sing at a fireside that Elder Holland spoke at. I will never forget that experience.
3. Was quoted in the USU Newspaper! Well.... Sorta.
4. Had a crazily decorated apartment for Valentine's Day.
5. Went through this horrible phase where I hated school and everything about it... haha. (we don't need to link to that).
6. Finished school and moved into a house with my good friend Sarah, for what I thought would be the whole summer, until I found out I was going to be an EFY Counselor!
7. Had the best summer of my life at EFY, and posted too much about it, probably. But I didn't want to forget anything! I can't believe I was lucky enough to have that opportunity. I met some of the most amazing people, and they all changed my life.
8. Went on an incredible vacation back East with the fam! I'm still daydreaming about Newsies (best Broadway show EVAH), Shake Shack, Grimaldi's Pizza, Beautiful Boston... and all of it, really.
9. Moved into my awesome retro house (and almost died from the heat at the beginning).
10. Started school, and LDV again, and took a much-needed mental and physical (poor carpel tunnel hand) break from piano lessons.
11. Had my first boyfriend since high school. Sorry, no details on this one! I normally wouldn't talk about this on here, but it was kind of a big thing when it happened and I thought it should be included... Suffice it to say I'm single again. ;)
12. Learned some really important lessons. (One, Two)
13. Helped throw a bridal shower for my friend Steph, and finally took pictures of our house.
14. Got an iPhone 5. YAY
15. Dressed up as a Princess (again) and Dry Cleaning.
16. Was Awkward.
17. Finished the hardest class I've ever taken, and came out with an A-, decided to accompany for LDV next semester (so excited), and my wrist is healed. For good, I hope.
I haven't posted much this month, because I haven't had much to say. That happens sometimes, ya know? This Christmas was wonderful, as always. I got those Boy Meets World DVDs I was hoping for, and had so much fun with my family. It was a little bittersweet this year because we realized my sister Alexis will be on her mission next year and won't here with us for Christmas, but still wonderful all the same.
I know I say it all the time, and it's really cliche, but I can't believe how fast the time flew by this year, and how much has happened! It was such a wonderful year, and like I said before, it's one I'll always remember. It didn't come without it's challenges and trials that really tested me and my strength, though. As I think about it, this year was made up of an incredible summer sandwiched between two emotionally trying semesters. They were hard for different reasons, but I survived, and I feel like I've come out on top. I feel so much more motivated and ready to tackle what's ahead of me. I don't have any premonitions about 2013; I mostly just feel a bit nervous, because at this time next year I'll be done with school and who knows if I'll have any direction at that point. But I say, bring it on! It'll be a great one!
Happy New Year!!
I'll be back soon with some resolutions. :)