Just kidding.... kind of. That always happens, right? I'd like to think everyone has just as hard of a time keeping these resolutions as I do. I mean, it's kind of daunting, deciding to change your life. We'll see how I do! This year, I've chosen five areas I'd like to improve upon, with a few small goals in each area. It might seem like an extremely long list, but I've found that this kind of set up actually works well for me.
- Exercise at least 4 days a week for 45 minutes.
- No eating after 9pm (cause all I eat then is junk and I go to bed feeling disgusting)
- Sugar gives me headaches, sadly. So, I will only eat one treat per day, but allow one "cheat" day a week where I can eat whatever I want.
- Have some fruit and/or vegetables every day. I'm keepin it simple on this one, because it's hard to keep up with buying produce constantly in college.
Recording my Life//
- Write at least one line a day in my journal, or more if I so desire.
- Take more pictures. I don't have a fancy camera, but I do have an iPhone and I think it works quite well.
- Blog more. I don't want to give myself a number here, i.e. 3 times a week or whatever, because sometimes life happens. And especially in college sometimes I'm just too darn busy. But more is good.
- Read one chapter of the BoM everyday. Make it meaningful.
- Pray Morning and Night
- Pay more attention in church. Don't bring my phone, even if it's just for scriptures. It's too distracting if I get an email or text while I'm using it. Oof... This one is gonna be hard.
- Read or listen to one conference talk per week.
- Stay on top of my schoolwork, write due dates down.
- Get A's in Piano Lit and Keyboard skills. My last two music classes EVER.
- Practice well. Keep up on my hours.
- Stop being a bum and say YES when I get invited to social gatherings.
- Don't be afraid to be myself with people. (I've done pretty well with this lately, but it's definitely an easy thing for me to slip out of, so I'm making it a goal again.)
I'm gonna post monthly updates, for me, so I can keep these up. I think the hardest thing with goals is that when I mess up/forget/don't feel like it/whatever, I tend to just give up. So I think with a monthly reset, I can assess what I'm doing well at and what I'm not doing so well at, and maybe if something is just too much right now, I can adjust if I need to. I'm not going to give up, even if I mess up.
I feel so much better about 2013 now that I've made these goals. Hoorah for a better me this year!