to talk at length in a foolish or inconsequential way
1. This has been the weirdest week. I tell ya, having Monday off, Monday classes on Tuesday, skipping everything on Wednesday to spend it at a high school seminary with LDV, and then having my first class cancelled today, has totally thrown off my groove. I feel like it should be Wednesday, or at very least not Thursday. I've spent all day feeling like I'm forgetting something.
2. Speaking of spending all day at the seminary with LDV, I looove the youth. Being with them makes me miss EFY so much. Sometimes high school students are straight up punks, but they really are some of the best people. We had such a neat message to share at the seminary, and watching it really click with some of them was so rewarding and special. Plus, you can't go wrong spending all day with the LDV lovelies. I mean, they're cute people. Just look at them! I love them a lot.
3. Once upon a time, my work did these weekly spotlights on all the student workers. In mine, I talked about how I was on the Cross Country team in high school. Hoorah. Well now, this one guy I work with talks to me about running every. single. day. Had I known this would happen, I might not have included that information in the spotlight. It's not that I mind talking about running, it's just embarrassing when he says "did you run yesterday?" and I have to say "uhh... nope" more than I can say yes. I should work on that. I guess it's good motivation though.
4. I have discovered that I am very grumpy in the mornings. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not a morning person. It usually takes me about an hour to become chatty, unless I have gotten a really good night's sleep. I have some super morning-people roommates that seem to have nonstop pep, always. At 6 in the morning I just don't understand it. I mean, go them... but my pep is not limitless. I need to save it. Last week, my roommate came back from the gym very pumped up for the day just as I had rolled out of bed and gone into the bathroom. As I was doing my hair and such, she was chattin away about these exciting plans she had for us for the weekend. I didn't even crack a smile the whole time. When she asked my opinion, I think all I gave her was a grunt and a shrug in response. Luckily, she still loves me. I told her later that I was excited about her ideas, but in the future talking to me about them when I first wake up is not a good plan. Haha.
5. I think I offended a guy in my Computer Science class the other day. We were working on a group coding assignment, and he was the computer operator. I have done some html/css coding before, and I know a lot of tricks and things to make it go faster. I swear I had the best intentions as I kept telling him these tricks as we went along; I was only trying to help. At first he accepted my advice and tried my tricks, but as time went on, I think he got a little bothered. Finally, at one point, he said (very grumpily) "why don't you just do it?" and pushed his computer toward me. I told him it was fine, and I didn't need to, but he insisted. So... I (guiltily) took over. I mean, what other choice did I have? As I was leaving, I really felt bad for being so pushy. I apologized to him, and said that I've just done it before and I've learned that as much as you can copy/paste, it makes it go a lot faster, blah blah blah. Well, this time, he just stared at me and didn't even acknowledge that I had said anything. And I'm pretty sure he was shooting daggers from his eyes into my back as I walked out. Oopsy. I still feel bad.
6. I keep having to remind myself that most people don't know sign language. I'm always tempted to use it when I have to communicate with someone across a room, or through a window. Personally, I think everyone should know it, at least for those two reasons. It would make life a lot easier! I mean, you could communicate with people in another car while driving! Wouldn't that be awesome? I think so. Plus, it's a really beautiful language, and so expressive and fun to use. Ah. I love it.
Well... that's all for today, folks! Happy whatever day this is.